2013 Watch Hill, Rhode Island Writers' Retreat
Watch Hill Waterfront Estate
Ocean House Hotel Restaurant: Verandah
Ocean House Club Room
In a repeat of our successful 2011 and 2012 Writers' Retreats, we will hold our 2013 Spring Writers' Retreat in a gracious, 11-bedroom private home on Ocean View Highway in Watch Hill, RI.
Once again, seven writers will treat themselves to the priceless gift of quiet, uninterrupted writing time, in an enriching, inspiring, and supportive atmosphere.
Five days and four nights and peace and quiet in a private
estate in Watch Hill, RI. Along with
workshop leaders Jessica Bram and Suzanne Hoover and a
small, exclusive group of
writers, you will spend the days at your leisure writing in
private room, on the gorgeous ocean-front porch or in one of
the main rooms. Or weather permitting, take a short walk with your
notebook and a beach chair to write in peace at the water's edge. Or
take an ocean walk along the beach for inspiration.
Every afternoon at 5 pm we will meet for a three-hour workshop guided by workshop leaders Jessica Bram and Suzanne Hoover, to share and critique each others' work. Dinner follows.
Optional afternoon activities will include brief talks on various aspects of craft, writing skills workshops, and informal conversations about writing.
Writers of both fiction and non-fiction are welcome.
Watch Hill, Rhode Island
May 3-7, 2013
$1,195 per person
- Four nights accommodation (single accommodation only) in a private bedroom room with semi-private bath, including housekeeping.
- Welcome Lunch on Friday, May 3
- Daily country breakfast, your choice.
- Gourmet dinners Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. (Lunches are on your own, or may be ordered for a la carte delivery.)
- Monday dinner at the luxurious Ocean House: three-course group dinner including taxes and gratuities. (Price of optional wine or alcoholic beverages not included).
- Use of refrigerator, microwave, kitchen facilities for light meal preparation.
- All workshops and retreat activities.
Price does not include:
- Daily lunches (take-out with delivery available).
- Wine or alcoholic drinks during the retreat or at the Ocean House, which may be purchased separately.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Registration is limited to 7 participants. Inquire by calling (203)227-3250.
reserve your space mail a deposit of $550 to the Westport Writers'
Workshop, 3 Sylvan Road South, Westport, CT 06880.
Balance is due April 15, 2013.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Please call (203)227-3250 or email email@example.com.